The Akuna water quality logger is a precision instrument intended for a wide range of commercial, industrial, environmental and scientific applications, including:
- Ponds and swimming pools
- Agriculture and aquaculture
- Breweries and wineries
- Waste recycling and sewerage treatment
- Air conditioning and boiler systems
- Education and research
The Akuna key features:
- Logs (date-time stamps) seven channels;
- Programmable logging interval;
- Liquid crystal display (LCD) that shows values for each channel and device information;
- Wi-Fi option available.
- AkunaSync (Android App);
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications
Note1: User configurable; Note2: Factory configured
Four channels are dedicated to measuring pH, Oxygen Reduction Potential (ORP), Temperature and Dissolved Oxygen (DO) which are all galvanically isolated; two auxiliary analogue channels (IN-A and IN-B) with dual function, and one digital channel (IN-C) that accepts serial TTL stream.Note1: User configurable; Note2: Factory configured
The Akuna also converts pH, ORP, TEMP and DO quantities to 4-20mA signals which are provided as outputs, enabling the logger to be integrated into a larger system solution; and where the outputs can be used for activating alarms.
Three buttons (‘MENU’, ‘ESC’, ‘OK’) allows the user to perform a two-point calibration on site for both DO and pH. Calibration functions include ‘pH CAL’, ‘DO CAL’, and ‘RESET CAL’.The Akuna automatically compensates for pH and DO when the temperature probe is connected and for a valid temperature measurement range.
The backlit LCD shows measurements and provides status information.
Three base models are available:
- Standard (strip terminals);
- BNC (for dedicated input channels); and
- Outdoors (waterproof connectors for all inputs and outputs)
Each base model can be fitted with a Wi-Fi module.
AkunaSync allows the user to interrogate the Akuna onsite and perform the following functions:AkunaSync (App)
- View status last calibration date, log memory usage and firmware version;
- Configuration (log interval, enable/disable 4-20mA outputs);
- Calibration of sensors
- Download data and clear memory.
Each model is provided with a backplate and four magnetic feet and screws for easy mounting arrangements.